Sunday, November 22

SHE'S IN FASHION

So this week I was lucky enough to preview the Brooke Roberts SS10 collection.
Brooke's designs are amazing..I found a denim waistcoat to die for, beautiful leather shorts, feminine yet edgy dresses with bold prints....I'd like to have the whole collection please!
As a catsuit/jumpsuit/playsuit enthusiast...I was not disappointed....and managed to bag myself what I consider to be the hottest catsuit around, with a sexy zip running right the way down the back and under!
http://www.brookeroberts.net/

I also took a wander down the high street to see what was out there and was very impressed! There's some lovely new stuff out in Top Shop this season...very fashion forward. The Unique label has excelled itself and there was also a lot of very nice pieces in the regular collection.

A fan of all things nautical, there was a lot of stripes etc...but with a Parisian twist.
My favourite piece was a little Chanel inspired jacket, adorned with sequins. Teamed with a pair of tight hareem style leggings....you have a high street outfit which doesn't look very high street at all!



Check out my take on the sequined look...a little more out there...but incorporating the Parisian theme with my scarf...lets say Parisian meets Rock and Roll!

Loving all things individual, and dare I say it....a bit crazy...I'm always on the look out for stand out pieces, usually vintage one-offs. I tend to get most from my regular trips to New York and California.
However, one of my best recent buys was actually here in London. I'm a lover of over sized coats, jackets...and I managed to buy a coat that wasn't leather...in fact denim... £28 from Beyond Retro. Definitely the best buy in the last couple of months.  Perfect with leggings...over a evening outfit...casual or dressed up, and most of all FUN FUN FUN!!!




 One of the most exciting designers out there at the moment, Rachel Freire's SS10 collection was previewed at Movida last week...my favourite piece is suprisingly not the most versitile...but is just AMAZING.....with human hair sleeves...All that said, this collection is very wearable. I love the cropped macs!
I was lucky enough to model a piece from her AW09 collection just recently...I love her tailoring and use  of leather.
 http://www.rachelfreire.com/




So...the last thing for me to talk about is my weekly AA fix...AMERICAN APPAREL.....that is!
I love this place...I've been a regular now since long before it was available in the UK...simple yet sexy...perfect to wear it how you want it! This week..I found the THE coolest little oversized cropped T. With dancing ladies on...teamed with a pair of vintage high wasted Versace jeans...very 1980's trash! I HEART AA!!!!!!!!!


So...I'm off to be a domestic goddess and prepare for my dinner party later!

RQ X

No comments:

Post a Comment